Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Poetry of surviving words

When Reason, completed rests.
The many voices in me silenced,
poetry struggles up through many layers
of words, sounds to letters, words and then to paper.

Each word tasted for expression,
having satiated the writing tip of my pen tongue, sometimes
unfit, spat out with scratches, again reinstated.
Perceived as misfit in the rhythm
of the life of the poem, myself.

Meaning given by thought to the
cheering of an internal audience.
Criticizing, fighting, nodding, passing selection,
not a single word escapes the stage.

Unbidden thoughts, silenced voices
jostle and push in the futile struggle to the surface of paper,
but in the democracy of my self,
only the exact right word,
is displayed, revealed to you.
This is my poetry of surviving words...

No comments: