Saturday, February 28, 2009

because love must spread


The past few days have not been easy on me. Many good intentions have sprouted irritation and sadness. Around me I find people so much involved in themselves that they cant see beyond their own wants and wishes. I see violence and greed.
Mercilessly a tree was chopped down in front of my house inside a private compound. People are talking about culling strays.

Women are facing extra repression. People are being penalised in the name of any difference: clothes, language, party or just for being in the wrong places.

My city is hotter than ever, treeless roads and uprooted trees stare at the vacant skies.

As a tarot reader, I see people wanting to be told only great things. Everyone wants the universe to do thier bidding. Even life's little problems seem unbearable to many. Discontent spreads.

Yesterday in the midst of the turmoil in my mind I went to a concert of Kabir's great poems. There the folk singer from the village of MP, Prahaladji mentioned how a kabir- sena to reform the world was impossible.

I woke up! There cannot be an army of love. Love by its very nature will not resist, attack or differentiate between us and them. Love will accept, not demand. Love will creep in to corners after plunderers have left. Love weeps with people, not for them. love walks with all. Love keeps loving not becoz of. Love keeps loving in spite of.
I pray that I get the courage to love. and keep awake my light in this rang mahal of mine. I surrender my discontent . The universe knows how to take care of itself. I am happy to join in Love!


Koi ke penge jhula De!
Rock me high on love's swing!

- a line from kabir's poem


No comments: