Thursday, October 30, 2008

TRY LOVE



 

 

As I look out at the rain tree outside my window, the wind blows hard and the tiny leaves are lifted from the branches and fall to the ground creating a shower of leaf rain. The leaves down know where they are going but set out, leave the brach and are ready to let go and be carried by the wind. The courage of the leaves to journey got me thinking about love. Yes courage for me is love. Very often we talk of love as if we know everything about it. Poetry, songs, cards, flowers all talk of love. Messages beam down from the skies and columns like this in print explain this profound emotion to us.

What then is love? Love is courage. It is another form of bravery; love is a soldier’s job description. Like courage, love springs from the irrational risk-taking part of our personality. Love like courage has risky outcomes. Love does not have exact predictable behavior patterns. Love is not like courage, it is courage. In fact love and courage are two faces of the same coin. To check if you are truly in love, check if you are courageous. If not it’s just an illusion, not real love. Being able to show that you are vulnerable is love.

Love is not desire .Love is the courage to let the other person be, Love is the courage to let the other person go, love is the courage to let the other see you for what you are, love is the courage to stand up and seek a God that you have no guarantee of finding, love is the trust that she will find you, if you search without guarantee of finding.

 

“Come,” I said to myself, “let me be courageous, let me try love! Let me risk floating away where the wind carries me.”

 

 

No comments: